November is Island Party Month
Posted on November 03, 2011
The month of November ushers in a wide variety of street fairs and festivals on the island of St. Lucia. November 4th kicks off the Ansee-la-Raye Seafood Friday festival and the Gros Islet Friday Night Street Party, while November 5th launches the Dennery Fish Festival. Read below for more details:
The Anse-la-Ray Seafood Friday is held at Grose Islet on the west coast of the island, south of castries. Seafood lovers take note, Anse-la-Ray, a fishing village, offers delectable local deliciacies from quid to octopus, shrimp, lobster and more. To compliment the catch-of-the-day, Caribbean music saturates the air, while locals and visitors alike groove to the music. The event takes place weekly on Fridays; November 4,11,18 through November 25.
Gros Islet Friday Night Street Party is one of the longest running street parties on the island. Local artists, island DJ's spinning Caribbean tunes, plus a wide array of babeque grills serving fresh chicken, pork and seafood make this event a lively street fair visiting by locals and visitors alike. This stree party takes place on Friday; November 4,11,18 and 25
Dennery Fish Festival located on the east coast of the island in Dennery Village another robust fishing village, ushers in an ambiance of sea breezes and tantailizing aromoas of fresh seafood prepared by local villagers. This Saturday night event offers Soca, dancehall music germane to reggae and R&B. The festival takes place weekly on Saturdays; November: 2,12,19, and 26.
Each festival has it's own unique flavor, but one thing they all have in common is great food, plenty of dancing and a memoral way to learn more about the people and culture of St. Lucia!
- Jazz On the Beach 2016
- Jazz On the Beach 2016
- Windjammer Landing named best "Ceremony and Reception Venue"
- Spotted in ACTIVE TRAVELS: St. Lucia Week: Hiking Pigeon Island
- Spotted in the VANCOUVER SUN: Six spectacular Caribbean destinations
- Spotted in Recommend: The Buzz in Caribbean Family Travel
- Spotted in HOUSE OF COCO: The Spa at Windjammer Landing
- Spotted in VACATIONS MAGAZINE: 7 Easy-To-Budget Beach Retreats
- Spotted in RESIDENT MAGAZINE: Family Escape, Romantic Rendezvous
- Spotted in JOYFUL HEALTHY EATS: Paradise at Windjammer Landing Resort & Spa
- Spotted in BEAUTY ECHOES MAGAZINE: Windjammer Resort Review
- Spotted in RECOMMEND: Caribbean Week 2015
- Spotted in USA TODAY TRAVEL: Caribbean resorts offer courses for kids
- Spotted in TRAVEL AGE WEST: Windjammer Landing Boosts Its Appeal to Agents
- Spotted in LEISURE TRAVEL GROUP: Families Make the World a Classroom Through Group Travel
- Spotted in the TELEGRAPH: Top 10: Caribbean Family Holidays
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: Weddings - My Big Fat Family Wedding
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: Spa three ways - Save, spend, splurge
- Spotted in: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELLER
- Spotted in DAD INFO: Send Your Kids to School in the Caribbean
- Spotted in KODOMO: Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Spotted in DESTINATIONS OF DISTINCTIONS: All-Inclusive of yesteryear’s…meet the new kid in town
- Spotted in EBONY: What Makes Luxe St. Lucia a Must-See
- Spotted in VACAY.CA: 5 best March Break hotels for families
- Spotted in THE TELEGRAPH: The best Caribbean holidays
- Spotted in CARIBBEAN JOURNAL: New Look at St Lucia’s Windjammer Landing Resort
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: St. Lucia Windjammer's villa revamp
- A Royal Babymoon Package: Save 20%
- Recently Engaged? Why not a destination wedding at Windjammer Landing?
- Renovation Update - Constantly striving to provide you the best
- Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
- Summer in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia Honeymoon = Romance, Adventure & Stress Free
- St Lucia Carnival
- Need help planning a destination family reunion?
- Trip Advisor Awards Windjammer Landing
- Summer: The Season to Say I Do
- Every Day is Mother's Day at Windjammer Landing
- St. Lucia Jazz Festival Features "Boo"
- We Won! We Won!
- Windjammer: 2012 Readers Choice Awards
- Windjammer’s Junior Chef Paulyn Eugene Makes the Cut
- Sweep Your Sweetheart Off Their Feet
- Winter Holidays in the Caribbean
- Snowflaks or Snuba?
- Gratitude, Giving Thanks
- And the winner is.....
- November is Island Party Month
- Photo Contest: Month Two
- St. Lucia Halloween