Photo Contest: Month Two
Posted on October 03, 2011
Today starts the second month of the resort’s photo contest via the Facebook’s “moments page.” Over the next three months a guest photo will be selected and posted to the page. The person whose photo is highlighted will receive a cool Windjammer t-shirt. But that’s not all, the winner will automatically be entered to win the grand prize; a five-night stay at the resort, a $500 resort credit and a photo shoot with renowned onsite photographer, Peter Rameau. Please visit our Facebook page to learn more about this exciting new promotion.
If you're a fan of our page just post a recent photo from your past trip that you think best personifies your visit. I expect to see a lot of photos from our ice cream eating contest or perhaps from the island’s own ‘carnival’ and/or from the recent guest vs. resort cricket match.
Here are a few photos tips to get you started:
1.Wear sunscreen, it’s critical.
2.Don’t shoot at noon. Sundown and sunrise are the perfect light for a sunny location.
3.Use a flash to highlight shadows, even in bright sun.
4.Landscapes are great to shoot midday.
5.Wildlife is another great subject for midday shoots, just adjust your shutter speed to 1/1000’s or 1/1500s to capture very quick movements.
6.Relax and have fun.
- Arturo Taps in on Chris Standring’s ‘Jazz on The Beach’
- Jazz On the Beach 2016
- Jazz On the Beach 2016
- Windjammer Landing named best "Ceremony and Reception Venue"
- Spotted in ACTIVE TRAVELS: St. Lucia Week: Hiking Pigeon Island
- Spotted in the VANCOUVER SUN: Six spectacular Caribbean destinations
- Spotted in Recommend: The Buzz in Caribbean Family Travel
- Spotted in HOUSE OF COCO: The Spa at Windjammer Landing
- Spotted in VACATIONS MAGAZINE: 7 Easy-To-Budget Beach Retreats
- Spotted in RESIDENT MAGAZINE: Family Escape, Romantic Rendezvous
- Spotted in JOYFUL HEALTHY EATS: Paradise at Windjammer Landing Resort & Spa
- Spotted in BEAUTY ECHOES MAGAZINE: Windjammer Resort Review
- Spotted in RECOMMEND: Caribbean Week 2015
- Spotted in USA TODAY TRAVEL: Caribbean resorts offer courses for kids
- Spotted in TRAVEL AGE WEST: Windjammer Landing Boosts Its Appeal to Agents
- Spotted in LEISURE TRAVEL GROUP: Families Make the World a Classroom Through Group Travel
- Spotted in the TELEGRAPH: Top 10: Caribbean Family Holidays
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: Weddings - My Big Fat Family Wedding
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: Spa three ways - Save, spend, splurge
- Spotted in: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELLER
- Spotted in DAD INFO: Send Your Kids to School in the Caribbean
- Spotted in KODOMO: Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Spotted in DESTINATIONS OF DISTINCTIONS: All-Inclusive of yesteryear’s…meet the new kid in town
- Spotted in EBONY: What Makes Luxe St. Lucia a Must-See
- Spotted in VACAY.CA: 5 best March Break hotels for families
- Spotted in THE TELEGRAPH: The best Caribbean holidays
- Spotted in CARIBBEAN JOURNAL: New Look at St Lucia’s Windjammer Landing Resort
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: St. Lucia Windjammer's villa revamp
- A Royal Babymoon Package: Save 20%
- Recently Engaged? Why not a destination wedding at Windjammer Landing?
- Renovation Update - Constantly striving to provide you the best
- Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
- Summer in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia Honeymoon = Romance, Adventure & Stress Free
- St Lucia Carnival
- Need help planning a destination family reunion?
- Trip Advisor Awards Windjammer Landing
- Summer: The Season to Say I Do
- Every Day is Mother's Day at Windjammer Landing
- St. Lucia Jazz Festival Features "Boo"
- We Won! We Won!
- Windjammer: 2012 Readers Choice Awards
- Windjammer’s Junior Chef Paulyn Eugene Makes the Cut
- Sweep Your Sweetheart Off Their Feet
- Winter Holidays in the Caribbean
- Snowflaks or Snuba?
- Gratitude, Giving Thanks
- And the winner is.....
- November is Island Party Month
- Photo Contest: Month Two
- St. Lucia Halloween