Spotted in the VANCOUVER SUN: Six spectacular Caribbean destinations
Posted on September 23, 2015
This is a hugely popular island for Canadians and one of the most striking destinations in the Caribbean. The twin towers of rock called The Pitons dominate the southwest coast, a pair of immense rock formations rising hundreds of feet into the sky that give the area a South Seas/Tahiti kind of feel. Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort, has a series of beautiful villas spilling down the valley towards a small but marvellous beach with great snorkelling.
There’s also one of the Caribbean’s top spas, built in the rainforest. Not far away, and offering tremendous views of the Pitons, is Jade Mountain. It’s owned by a Canadian businessman named Nick Troubetzkoy and features open-air suites with an outside wall missing for optimal views. Each suite has a butler and a sizable infinity pool, as well as useful mosquito netting for around the bed at night. A once-in-a-lifetime splurge if you can handle it. There are more affordable spots further north, including the lovely Cap Maison, Windjammer Landing and a series of Sandals resorts.
- Twas two months before Christmas, when all through the nation; parents were pondering the perfect family vacation
- Spotted in AMYANYA REAL HEALTH: Health & Wellness at Windjammer Landing
- Windjammer Landing named best "Ceremony and Reception Venue"
- Spotted in ACTIVE TRAVELS: St. Lucia Week: Hiking Pigeon Island
- Spotted in the VANCOUVER SUN: Six spectacular Caribbean destinations
- Spotted in Recommend: The Buzz in Caribbean Family Travel
- Spotted in HOUSE OF COCO: The Spa at Windjammer Landing
- Spotted in VACATIONS MAGAZINE: 7 Easy-To-Budget Beach Retreats
- Spotted in RESIDENT MAGAZINE: Family Escape, Romantic Rendezvous
- Spotted in RECOMMEND: Caribbean Week 2015
- Spotted in USA TODAY TRAVEL: Caribbean resorts offer courses for kids
- Spotted in: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELLER
- Spotted in DAD INFO: Send Your Kids to School in the Caribbean
- Spotted in KODOMO: Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Spotted in DESTINATIONS OF DISTINCTIONS: All-Inclusive of yesteryear’s…meet the new kid in town
- Spotted in EBONY: What Makes Luxe St. Lucia a Must-See
- Spotted in VACAY.CA: 5 best March Break hotels for families
- Spotted in THE TELEGRAPH: The best Caribbean holidays
- Spotted in CARIBBEAN JOURNAL: New Look at St Lucia’s Windjammer Landing Resort
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: St. Lucia Windjammer's villa revamp
- A Royal Babymoon Package: Save 20%
- Recently Engaged? Why not a destination wedding at Windjammer Landing?
- Renovation Update - Constantly striving to provide you the best
- Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
- Summer in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia Honeymoon = Romance, Adventure & Stress Free
- St Lucia Carnival
- Need help planning a destination family reunion?
- Trip Advisor Awards Windjammer Landing
- Summer: The Season to Say I Do
- Every Day is Mother's Day at Windjammer Landing
- St. Lucia Jazz Festival Features "Boo"
- We Won! We Won!
- Windjammer: 2012 Readers Choice Awards
- Windjammer’s Junior Chef Paulyn Eugene Makes the Cut
- Sweep Your Sweetheart Off Their Feet
- Winter Holidays in the Caribbean
- Snowflaks or Snuba?
- Gratitude, Giving Thanks
- And the winner is.....
- November is Island Party Month
- Photo Contest: Month Two
- St. Lucia Halloween