Summer in Saint Lucia
Posted on July 24, 2012
For many, vacations to the Caribbean are strictly a winter event; however there may be no better time to visit the beach at Windjammer Landing than during the summer months. Those willing to go against the grain and experience the Saint Lucia off-season will be surprised at the island’s vibrant culture and summer festivities, as well as the comfort and tranquility at Windjammer that combine to create the perfect getaway. When you add in fantastic rates on accommodations, all-inclusive packages, and even airfare, it’s hard to say no to a summer vacation in Saint Lucia.
The summer season is when Saint Lucians really come out to party, so if you like immersing yourself in a vibrant culture and endless festivities, be sure to visit. For example, Carnival is a week-long celebration of everything Saint Lucia, you can find everything from music and art to exciting parades and a vast selection of local cuisine. This event is the best opportunity to get an outside-the-box experience of Saint Lucian culture firsthand and is an experience that simply can’t be found in any other season. You may have missed this year’s Carnival, but its never too early to plan for next year!
Summer is the hottest season in St. Lucia, just like the rest of the Northern hemisphere, with daily highs around 30C (85F) or warmer. This hot weather warms up the ocean to a temperature that you can float in all day, and makes cold drinks in the shade even more refreshing. There is a saying, “If you don’t like the weather in Saint Lucia, wait half an hour”, so although the summer does bring occasional showers, the weather is typically hot and sunny.
Say Goodbye to Crowds
Despite all of the great things about summer in Saint Lucia, it will always be considered the slow season for resorts like Windjammer Landing, which can bring an array of benefits to those guests who visit during these months. Because the resort is unlikely to be at capacity, the flexibility exists to customize your vacation around your own preferences. Want to switch to a villa with a plunge pool, show up at dinner without a reservation, or get the perfect spot on the beach without waking up early? It’s no problem when you have paradise to yourself.
The Bottom Line
The number one reason that guests visit Windjammer Landing during the summer months is, of course, the price. Although there are many great reasons to visit Saint Lucia this summer fantastic deals on accommodations, all-inclusive packages, and flights provide the icing-on-the-cake for many travelers. Windjammer Landing has sales on every accommodation, including Ocean View Rooms for two, with full all-inclusive for only $399 per night. Prices like this can save thrifty travelers hundreds, even thousands, while taking full advantage of everything Saint Lucia has to offer.
There is no better time for a getaway to Saint Lucia than during the summer season. Those willing to curb the trend and travel during the “down” season in the Caribbean will be delighted to find a vacation filled with culture, adventure, and relaxation that is unparalleled during the winter months. Summer provides the greatest opportunity to get your dream vacation your way, and to do it all at prices that won’t hurt your bank account!
Visit our Special Offers page for Summer getaway packages.
- Arturo Taps in on Chris Standring’s ‘Jazz on The Beach’
- Jazz On the Beach 2016
- Jazz On the Beach 2016
- Windjammer Landing named best "Ceremony and Reception Venue"
- Spotted in ACTIVE TRAVELS: St. Lucia Week: Hiking Pigeon Island
- Spotted in the VANCOUVER SUN: Six spectacular Caribbean destinations
- Spotted in Recommend: The Buzz in Caribbean Family Travel
- Spotted in HOUSE OF COCO: The Spa at Windjammer Landing
- Spotted in VACATIONS MAGAZINE: 7 Easy-To-Budget Beach Retreats
- Spotted in RESIDENT MAGAZINE: Family Escape, Romantic Rendezvous
- Spotted in JOYFUL HEALTHY EATS: Paradise at Windjammer Landing Resort & Spa
- Spotted in BEAUTY ECHOES MAGAZINE: Windjammer Resort Review
- Spotted in RECOMMEND: Caribbean Week 2015
- Spotted in USA TODAY TRAVEL: Caribbean resorts offer courses for kids
- Spotted in TRAVEL AGE WEST: Windjammer Landing Boosts Its Appeal to Agents
- Spotted in LEISURE TRAVEL GROUP: Families Make the World a Classroom Through Group Travel
- Spotted in the TELEGRAPH: Top 10: Caribbean Family Holidays
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: Weddings - My Big Fat Family Wedding
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: Spa three ways - Save, spend, splurge
- Spotted in: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELLER
- Spotted in DAD INFO: Send Your Kids to School in the Caribbean
- Spotted in KODOMO: Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Spotted in DESTINATIONS OF DISTINCTIONS: All-Inclusive of yesteryear’s…meet the new kid in town
- Spotted in EBONY: What Makes Luxe St. Lucia a Must-See
- Spotted in VACAY.CA: 5 best March Break hotels for families
- Spotted in THE TELEGRAPH: The best Caribbean holidays
- Spotted in CARIBBEAN JOURNAL: New Look at St Lucia’s Windjammer Landing Resort
- Spotted in TRAVEL WEEKLY: St. Lucia Windjammer's villa revamp
- A Royal Babymoon Package: Save 20%
- Recently Engaged? Why not a destination wedding at Windjammer Landing?
- Renovation Update - Constantly striving to provide you the best
- Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
- Summer in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia Honeymoon = Romance, Adventure & Stress Free
- St Lucia Carnival
- Need help planning a destination family reunion?
- Trip Advisor Awards Windjammer Landing
- Summer: The Season to Say I Do
- Every Day is Mother's Day at Windjammer Landing
- St. Lucia Jazz Festival Features "Boo"
- We Won! We Won!
- Windjammer: 2012 Readers Choice Awards
- Windjammer’s Junior Chef Paulyn Eugene Makes the Cut
- Sweep Your Sweetheart Off Their Feet
- Winter Holidays in the Caribbean
- Snowflaks or Snuba?
- Gratitude, Giving Thanks
- And the winner is.....
- November is Island Party Month
- Photo Contest: Month Two
- St. Lucia Halloween